I have received product from Oreo for this post. It is an entry to the Foodies100 Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo, which marks the launch of two exciting new flavours: Peanut Butter and Golden. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo
I LOVE getting creative in the kitchen, so when I was offered the opportunity to take part in the Oreo Wonderfilled Recipe Challenge I just COULD NOT resist! And as the challenge was to come up with a NEW wonderfilled recipe using one or both of the new flavours of Oreo, I knew I would have to get creative in the kitchen too!
After putting my serious thinking cap on, I came up with my idea…
So please may I present my Peanut Butter Oreo and Raspberry Ice-Cream Cake with Golden Oreo Snowmen…and here’s how to make it:
To make the Ice-Cream Cake…
24 Peanut Butter Oreos
3 tbsp butter. melted
600ml double cream
200g condensed milk
3-4 tbsp peanut butter
3-4 tbsp raspberry jam
100g milk chocolate,melted
- Crush the Oreos in a bowl (we used a rolling pin and a good bit of bashing!) Add the melted butter and combine.
- Line a loose bottom tin with foil. Press the Oreo mixture into the bottom of the tin and then pop it in the freezer to chill.
- Whisk the double cream with the condensed milk until it is fluffy and firm.
- Loosen the Peanut butter by heating it slightly (I popped it in the microwave for 20 seconds), and loosen the jam by giving it a good stir.
- Swirl the peanut butter and raspberry jam into the cream mixture, then take the Oreo base out of the freezer and cover it with the cream mixture. (I then drizzled a bit more raspberry jam on the top and used a cocktail stick to drag a pattern into the top – just to make it a bit more fancy!)
- Pop it back into the freezer for 2-2.5 hours to feeeze. If you cover it with film it will ensure a smoother ice-cream!
- When it’s frozen, melt the chocolate and drizzle it over with a spoon. Pop it back into the freezer until ready to serve.
To make the Golden Oreo Snowmen…
1 pack of Golden Oreos
4 tbsp cream cheese
200g White chocolate, melted
Orange jelly beans and coloured chocolate beans to decorate
3 Peanut Butter Oreos
- Crush the Oreo biscuits into a fine crumb (we bashed them with a rolling pin!)
- Mix with the cream cheese until blended.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 6 balls – 3 large for the bodies and 3 small for the heads!
- Pop the balls into the freezer for at least 10 minutes to harden.
- Using a fork, dip the balls into the melted white chocolate – I did a body followed by a head, then made a complete snowman, then repeated 2 times to make the other 2!
- Add an orange jelly-bean ‘carrot’ nose, and some small coloured chocolate beans for the eyes and buttons.
- When ready to serve, place the 3 Peanut Butter Oreos on top of the Ice Cream Cake and then balance a Golden Oreo Snowman on top of each one…
Et voila…one wonderfilled pudding, ready to dazzle!
Fancy giving it a go? Perfect for a christmas gathering…or why not use milk and white chocolate to create Golden Oreo Penguins for the top?!?